Due to the nature of the times we live in, we here at Wendell Watson Elementary have decided to take a proactive approach when it comes to ensuring your child’s safety on campus. In effort to keep students safe at Wendell Watson Elementary, changes in your child’s dismissal can be addressed in the following ways:
- A note to your child’s teacher in their agenda with a parent signature.
- A fax to our school office (863)853-6056 including a picture ID, your request of change, and your signature.
- Visit the front office and request your change in person (ID Required).
- Morning drop off is between 7:30 a.m. and 7:45 a.m. Students willenter classrooms at 7:45.
- When dropping off your child each morning, please pull all the way forward to keep the line moving as efficiently as possible. Students may walk to class from any point along the sidewalks. Please do not stop your car at a specific section of the sidewalk for student drop-off.
- If you are walking your student to his/her classroom or to the sidewalk area, please park in the grassy area by the PE field. Walking across the parking lot during morning drop-off is not safe.
- All parents walking students to a classroom must sign in through our district’s visitor tracking system. Parents will not be permitted to walk students to class after instruction begins at8:00 a.m.
- Please be aware of going around cars stopped for student arrival. Cutting around stopped cars line is risking our children’s safety.
If your child is a car rider you must have them picked up by 3:15 p.m. Parents with multiple children in different grades should come to the car line at the time of the oldest child’s dismissal. Please do not park and pick up your child from the car ramp. If you have a conference with a teacher please report to the office to receive a visitor’s badge.
Parking is permitted in the grassy field adjacent to the P.E. field and in the parking lot in front of the school. If you are using the new grass parking lot adjacent to the P.E. field, please walk through the gate on the north side and proceed down the sidewalk. Do not drop off children in this area. Please do not park in the grass behind the portables. This is due to that area being designated as a fire evacuation zone for our students.
All visitors MUST sign in at the office and receive a visitor’s badge. A visitor is defined as anyone who is not a faculty member, a Polk County School Board employee, or student at this school. The visitor’s badge must be worn while on campus. If you are walking your child to class in the mornings, or joining them for lunch you will need to stop in at the office to get a visitor’s pass as well.
Visitor Sign In:
All Polk County schools have an automated visitor sign in system. You must bring in your driver’s license or government issued photo
I.D. to be scanned and have a visitor badge printed out before you can be on campus. Thank you for your help in keeping our students safe.
Any student arriving after 8:00 a.m. is considered tardy and must come to the office and be signed in by the person dropping them off and receive a pass before going to class. If you will be walking the student to class then you must sign in and receive a visitor’s badge.
All classroom doors will remain locked at all times. Staff members will wear their I.D. badges while on campus. Please remember these changes are to help ensure the safety of your child(ren) and are not meant as an inconvenience to you. We encourage our parents to take an active part in their child’s education and safety while at school.