Due to the nature of the times we live in, we here at Wendell Watson Elementary have decided to take a proactive approach when it comes to ensuring your child’s safety on campus. In effort to keep students safe at Wendell Watson Elementary, changes in your child’s dismissal can be addressed in the following ways:
- A note to your child’s teacher in their agenda with a parent signature.
- A fax to our school office (863)853-6056 including a picture ID, your request of change, and your signature.
- Visit the front office and request your change in person (ID Required).
- Morning drop off is between 7:30 a.m. and 8:00 a.m.
- When dropping off your child each morning, please pull all the way forward to keep the line moving as efficiently as possible. Students may walk to class from any point along the sidewalks. Please do not stop your car at a specific section of the sidewalk for student drop-off.
- Please be aware of going around cars stopped for student arrival. Cutting around stopped cars line is risking our children’s safety.
If your child is a car rider you must have them picked up by 3:30 p.m. Parents with multiple children in different grades should come to the car line at the time of the oldest child’s dismissal. Please do not park and pick up your child from the car ramp.
The grassy field adjacent to the P.E. field is for staff parking only. Parents parking is in the parking lot in front of the school.
At this time no visitors are allowed on campus. A visitor is defined as anyone who is not a faculty member, a Polk County School Board employee, or student at this school.
Any student arriving after 8:00 a.m. is considered tardy and must come to the office and be signed in by the person dropping them off and receive a pass before going to class.
All classroom doors will remain locked at all times. Staff members will wear their I.D. badges while on campus. Please remember these changes are to help ensure the safety of your child(ren) and are not meant as an inconvenience to you. We encourage our parents to take an active part in their child’s education and safety while at school.