Learn about P.R.I.D.E.
P.R.I.D.E. stands for:
- Positive Attitude
- Respectful Behavior
- Independent Thinking
- Dedication To Safety
- Engaged in Learning
Philosophy of Positive Behavior Support
- Wendell Watson is a Positive Behavior Support (PBS) School. Positive Behavior Support teaches students appropriate behavior and rewards appropriate behavior. PBS is proactive.
- The object of PBS is to encourage appropriate behavior in order to provide a safe and orderly learning environment that promotes excellence in all things.
How does PBS work?
- Students learn about school wide expectations in the classroom and around school from the first day of school and throughout the school year. Our school wide expectations are P.R.I.D.E. (Positive Attitude, Respectful Behavior, Independent Thinking, Dedication to Safety, and Engaged in Learning).
- Students earn something called a “Wing Bling” when they go above and beyond making good choices.
- When students make a certain amount of “Wing Blings” by a certain date, they get to participate in reward days. Each month, the reward days are something different. We have had things such as crazy hat and sock day, Beach Day, Spring Fling, favorite book character day, etc.
- Select students are members of the PRIDE Club. These students visit with PBS Team members regarding a specific behavior goal each day and work toward improving their behavior.
Wendell Watson has been a PBS Model School for 8 Years in a Row
- 2014-2015 – Gold Award
- 2013-2014 – Silver Award
- 2012-2013 – Gold Award
- 2011-2012 – Silver Award
- 2010-2011 – Gold Award
- 2009-2010 – Gold Award
- 2008-2009 – Silver Award
- 2007-2008 – Silver Award